Next: TRIGRID flowcharts
Previous: Computer-based methods of constructing
Programs in the irregular grid design package described in this manual are
used to carry out five main functions:
- verification and adjustment of coastline and bathymetric data;
- preparation of an irregular triangular depth grid covering the
domain to be modelled;
- production of a preliminary irregular triangular model grid with
nodes suitably positioned for accurate and efficient numerical
- interactive checking and editing, including trimming and
joining, of model grid;
- display and plotting of model output.
The package does not include programs for digitising charts or any
Channel Consulting Ltd.